Summer is around the corner and you know what that means, the sun is about to be up in full force. I am here to get us all prepared and to protect our eyes from the sun. I believe sunshades are one of those accessories we all should have, i don’t have one and that is because I have never been lucky getting shades that suit my face perfectly but you know what, now that I have done my research and I have been able to understand the shape of my face getting sunshades will no longer be a problem.
It is really important you know the shape of your face because that would enable you get the perfect sunshade or even prescription glasses that would suit you perfectly and keep you looking fly during this season.
Let’s look at the different types of face shapes and the type of glasses that would work perfectly on them
1. Round shaped face: This type of face has softer edges or angles, with slightly wider forehead, cheekbones and jaw.
Recommended glasses: a rectangular or boxy frame would help balance out the roundness of your face.
2. Triangle shaped face: This face shape is widest at the jaw and narrows gradually through to the forehead I.e large jaw, small cheek bones and small forehead.
Recommended glasses: frames with detailing on the upper portion are preferable, go with glasses whose width are slightly wider than your jawline. Brow line or cat eye frames would do the trick.
3. Square shaped face: A face with defined edges, wide cheekbones, forehead and jaw.
Recommended glasses: glasses with soft lines will balance out the edges of your face. Round shapes, tear drop shapes and aviators are recommended.
4. Oval shaped face: It’s been said that this is the most versatile face shape to fit. They’ve got Slightly wider cheekbones and a gentle narrowing at the forehead and jaw.
Recommended glasses: any kind of frame fits perfectly on this face type as long as it is not as broad as the broadest part of your face you are good.
5. Heart shaped face: wider at the forehead and gradually narrows through to the jaw.
Recommended glasses: round frames, cat eyed frames, square shaped frames would also work well on this face shape .
6. Oblong shaped face: elongated feature from forehead to chin, some have prominent chin.
Recommended glasses: add more width to the face by using frames with more depth.
I hope this simple tips help
P.s don’t hesitate to add to the comment any face shape I did not include.
Keep slaying 😀😀😀
All of the pictures used were gotten from Pinterest.