I had a really special experience on the 27th of June 2018. I had just left the main building of my school, and I was walking towards the metro to go see a friend of mine whom I had an appointment with. As I approached the metro I saw this cute little boy about 2 years old he was walking alongside his Dad eating his ice cream on one hand and holding a rose flower on the other hand he seemed to be enjoying himself. Suddenly he started walking towards me , I smiled at him and thought he was just carried away by the sweetness of the ice cream but to my surprise he wasn’t he got closer to me and handed me the flower. At that moment my heart just melted I said спасибо which means thank you in Russian and he smiled and continued walking. I looked up at the Dad and he had this big smile on his face I could tell that was a really proud Daddy moment for him, he commended his son and we both walked away.
As I walked away my heart was so filled with joy, I could feel my uterus and ovaries leaping for joy ( lol I am a sucker for kids) I had to stop and take pictures of the flower.
I began asking myself questions like
1. Why me a random black girl walking on a road full of Ukrainians?
2. Did his Dad ask him to specifically give the flowers to me when he saw me approaching ?
3. Did he just feel like handing over the flowers to me.
4. Was he tired of holding the flowers because it was getting in the way between him and his ice cream.
5. What else can be cuter than this little boy.
6. Does he do this often.
My answers to this questions according to order
1. Because children just love purely and truly, they don’t see color, race, gender e.t.c no wonder Jesus said don’t stop the little children from coming to me.
2. I don’t think so, the little boy just did what his heart asked him to do. From my experience you can’t force most kids to do what they don’t want to do.
3. Yes he just felt like.
4. No he wasn’t, he looked very happy holding the flower and his ice cream.
5. I can’t imagine.
6. Yes I would love to think that, because clearly he has a dad who is teaching him how to properly treat a lady and relate with people.
What I learnt from this experience
1. Love does not discriminate.
2. One act of kindness can change a persons life forever ( this is an experience I will never forget).
3. As a parent you have a lot of influence on your kids don’t screw it up.
4. My love for people doesn’t have to diminish because I grew up or because I was hurt. God’s Love never runs out on me and so does my love for people.
5. We all have the capacity to make a difference.
6. Be the change you want to see.
The same way I kept on asking myself questions and looking for reasons as to why me of all people was handed a flower is the same way most of us ask God questions whenever he does something for us. We feel like we have to do something for God before he does something for us and we forget His love for us is not dependent on our works,age,sex,race, you name it… trust me no amount of works can fulfill Gods standard so just learn to embrace his love and lean on him. Click here to read on an exceptional love story.
If you are not following me on Instagram please do right away so you can keep to date with my post and some of my workout videos.
Have a wonderful weekend.