Click HERE to read the shopping 101 guide.
Here are some of the shopping mistakes you are making…
1. IMPULSIVE BUYING:
A person who buys things impulsively in my opinion
- Has no shopping plan.
- Purchases items they will never get to use or have no business with.
- is more concerned about the look of an item than the usefulness.
I bet you 95% of people have that one item in their wardrobe which they bought because it was on sales and they have never worn it.
In order to prevent impulsive buying do the opposite of what i listed above
- have a plan or budget and stick to it
- Do a quick evaluation test, if you cannot picture yourself using that item in the next one or two years do not purchase it.
- Yes it looks good but is it a need or a want?.
2. BUYING ITEMS WHICH DO NOT FIT INTO YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE.
Let us be realistic Here, you cannot have a professional job or a 9 to 5 job and your closet is filled with cycling shorts, distressed jeans, sequence clothing or party dresses.
Buy items that fit into your everyday life, even if it is a casual item make sure it is one that can be dressed up to fit your work need.
3. IGNORING THE CLIMATIC CONDITIONS OF WHERE YOU RESIDE
Most people have style icons which they draw inspiration from, and would possibly want to dress like them. while this is not bad, the number one thing to put into consideration is
- Do they reside in places where the weather conditions are similar to yours?
If your answer is no and you are not planning any vacation where that item would be useful then do not get it. spend your coin on something which will be worth it in the long run.
4. PURCHASING EVERY “TRENDY ” ITEM IN THE MARKET
This post will not be complete if i don’t talk about trends.
Trendy items are OK but it is just another reason brands come up with to deceive/lure us into spending money.
Here are some things you need to know about trends
- Trends come and go.
- One item can serve different purposes if well utilized.
- you can make your clothing a trend too.
- Not all trends can be worn everywhere.
- if you will ever purchase something trendy make sure it goes with other items items in your wardrobe.
5. SHOPPING AT THE WRONG PLACES.
You do not go to a shoe shop to look for a hat, you might just leave the store with a shoe that wasn’t part of the budget.
if you work in a professional setting, i would advice you shop in a place that caters to that need. This can be tricky because there are stores that sell really nice items be it professional or casual.
If you get really distracted while shopping then this tip would work really well for you.
Are there other shopping mistakes you know or have made in the past? leave a comment.
Thank you for your attention.
Have a lovely week ahead.