Now that you have been saved what Next?
God has blessed us with the amazing gift of salvation paid by the blood of His son Jesus Christ.
Another beautiful aspect of this gift is that once given, it cannot be taken back,it is everlasting.
Ephesians Chapter 1 verse 13 and 14
Verse 13: And because of what Christ did, all you others too, who heard the Good News about how to be saved, and trusted Christ, were marked as belonging to Christ by the Holy Spirit, who long ago had been promised to all of us Christians
Verse 14: His presence within us is God’s guarantee that he really will give us all that he promised; and the Spirit’s seal upon us means that God has already purchased us and that he guarantees to bring us to himself. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God.
I began this post by asking a question
- Now that you have been saved what next? how are you living your life?
Salvation is amazing but it does not stop there, God expects us to live for Him and do His will.
Jesus called us the light and salt of the earth because He infused His righteousness into us, and expects us as Christians to allow that light to be manifested.
- You cannot say “i am a child of God” and be comfortable with sin.
- one of the biggest attributes of a christian is yielding to God’s will, are you yielding?
- Jesus gave Himself not part of Him.. what part of you are you still holding on to?
- Are you Giving God the crumbs of your time?
- How have you impacted your neighbors, colleagues, classmate, roommate, family members, best friend, spouse… Do they even know you are saved?
- Be honest with yourself, is your life bringing God glory as it should?
IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO HAVE A SAVED SOUL AND A WASTED LIFE
When Jesus was on earth He said He came to do His fathers will. John chapter 6 verse 38
The Christian life is a life of constant growth and self reflection, you do not want to look back and realize you were busy chasing after things, pushing God to the side and wasting the little time you have on things without value.
It is never too late to retrace your steps back to Gods will.