The battle of Insignificance is the constant feeling of being too small or unimportant to be worth consideration.
Does that definition ring a bell or sound familiar? quite often you Hear people say
- i have nothing to offer.
- My opinion does not count.
- Everyone is far better than me.
- I do not stand a chance.
- let the “important one’s” do the talking i will just sit by the corner.
- i am not enough.
The battle of insignificance is one that a vast majority of people face on a daily basis without even realizing it.
Some of the causes includes
I grew up in a family where both parents were goal driven and never saw limitations, their drive shaped me into the woman i am today, i cannot remember being held back by fear because i wasn’t raised to be fearful or feel insignificant.
This however isn’t the case for someone who grew up in a different environment where they were constantly being told to keep shut or made to believe they were irrelevant.
2) Fear of rejection
For those who have experienced rejection so many times, they will agree with me that most times it puts them in a place where they are not willing to try anymore or put in their best into achieving something great. it is like living in this circle where you are constantly questioning and doubting yourself.
3) lack of recognition and encouragement
I have heard some people say they grew up not feeling good enough because no one encouraged them, of a truth if you study such people closely, most of them prefer taking the back sit and doing nothing.
4) self doubt
people will not like this, i am too weird, no one will want to associate with me…. All of these conversations going on in ones head causes more damage than good
Did you know that
- There is something you have been called to do that no one else can do better?
- Even the most insignificant thing has its Significance.
- You have something that someone needs.
If you live your life having this mindset, the battle of insignificance will no longer be a problem because you know someone needs you.
- without the employees there will be no billion dollar company.
- Without a movie director, actors, writers, behind the scenes people, there will be no movie.
- No one becomes human without the fusion of a sperm and an egg.
- We wake up to a clean city, do you know why? Because there are cleaners who do the job.
- The bus driver, teacher, service men and women, scientist, athlete, even a new born are all significant and important.
Stop waiting for your big break, your big break has started already. i will end this blog with this scripture i hope it blesses you and changes your perspective.
Romans Chapter 12 verse 4-8 (the living bible translation)
Verse 4 and 5
Just as there are many parts to our bodies, so it is with Christ’s body. We are all parts of it, and it takes every one of us to make it complete, for we each have different work to do. So we belong to each other, and each needs all the others.
God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, then prophesy whenever you can—as often as your faith is strong enough to receive a message from God.
If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching
If you are a preacher, see to it that your sermons are strong and helpful. If God has given you money, be generous in helping others with it.If God has given you administrative ability and put you in charge of the work of others, take the responsibility seriously. Those who offer comfort to the sorrowing should do so with Christian cheer.
YOU ARE SIGNIFICANT, YOU STAND A CHANCE, YOUR OPINION COUNTS, YOU ARE IMPORTANT!!!
Thank you for reading.